Pueblo County sheriff's officials say a malfunctioning smoke detector prompted an evacuation at the county jail for about 30 minutes.
Jail officers got a fire alarm notification Wednesday afternoon from the kitchen area but couldn't find any signs of fire. The building was evacuated of employees and visitors, and inmates were placed in lockdown status while the alarm was investigated.
Sheriff's officials say normal operations resumed after the malfunctioning smoke detector was determined to be the source of the alarm.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.