KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo | Pueblo News

2 Mobile Homes A Total Loss After Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

Firefighters believe a lit candle left unattended may be responsible for a fire that claimed two mobile homes in southwest Pueblo.

The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office says a man living in one of the homes left a candle burning in his apartment while he visited a neighboring trailer. When he returned a short time later, flames were already spreading inside his home. The flames soon spread to a second trailer. All occupants were able to get out safely.

The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office says the people living in the mobile homes are father and son.

One of the men tried to get some belongings from the burning home and was overcome with smoke. He was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

As the fire consumed both homes, a plume of smoke could be seen from several miles away.

Firefighters were able to get the fire contained quickly once on scene, but say that both homes are a total loss.

The homes are located on the 4500 block of W. 12th, which is near the Nature Center.

The homes are not in a fire protection zone, so firefighters only had the water they brought with them. They were out there through the afternoon watering down hot spots.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 192315481