Victim Of Fatal Crash Reported Missing Monday Night

According to Colorado State Patrol the woman's car was found just after 7:00 Tuesday morning.

Hilda Correa, 71, was driving a green Honda CRV east on Highway 24. She crashed near mile marker 292 east of Cascade. Her car went down an embankment.

A State Trooper found the wreck while following the route the woman was believed to be traveling before she was reported missing Monday night.

Correa was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash. State Patrol is speculating that she may have fallen asleep at the wheel or prescription medications could be involved.

Stay with KKTV 11 News for updates to this story.

• by nobama on Mar 14, 2012 at 08:47 AM
    I am no english major, but as far as I know the dead don't go missing.. do they? lol
      by vietsubvet on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM in reply to nobama
      My reaction exactly. When I read the headline, it looked like there had been a fatal crash, but the victim of the crash was missing? Figure that out. Maybe less confusion if headline said, "Crash victim had been reported missing the prior night."
  • by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    Good detective work by the trooper. If this was my loved one, I would be thankful at least there is some closure that she was found.
  • by Bob Location: Springs on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Another no seatbelt death! I'm losing track, how many does that make this year already?
  • by Me Location: Colo spgs on Mar 13, 2012 at 09:21 AM
    where's it say police ae not releasing her age????
      by Jon on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM in reply to Me
      The story has been updated since the previous comment was posted.
  • by Dan on Mar 13, 2012 at 08:30 AM
    If police has not released her age, how do we know that she is 71?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142466005 - kktv.com/a?a=142466005