KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo | News

Cat Goes To Vet For Flea Bath But Gets Euthanized

By: AP
By: AP

A Massachusetts woman says her cat went to the veterinarian for a flea bath and was mistakenly euthanized instead.

Colleen Conlon of Gardner is grieving the loss of the cat, 8-year-old Lady, which she attributes to "negligence" by the vet.

Her son took Lady to the Broadway Animal Hospital last week and unknowingly authorized the cat to be put to sleep after he says he was handed the wrong forms.

He says he learned of the mix-up when he returned with a second cat and the vet asked him if he wanted to keep the bodies.

Conlon doesn't think the vet had any "malicious intent." But she's filed a complaint with the attorney general's office and plans to talk with the state Board of Registration.

The veterinarian didn't return a call from the Telegram & Gazette seeking comment.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 170892251