ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida judge says a defamation lawsuit filed against Casey Anthony can go to trial early next year.
Judge Lisa Munyon released her ruling Thursday. Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was damaged by Anthony telling detectives that a baby sitter by the same name kidnapped Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
The detectives were investigating the 2008 disappearance of the girl, who later was found dead. Last year, Anthony was acquitted of Caylee's murder.
Anthony's attorney said details offered by Anthony did not match Fernandez-Gonzalez and clearly showed Anthony wasn't talking about her. Gonzalez's attorneys say she still was damaged as the only person with that name interviewed by investigators.
Fernandez-Gonzalez had never met Anthony. Investigators believe Anthony may have seen the name on an apartment rental application.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus