Top Military Stories
2014 Warrior Games This Week
Updated: 6:30 AM
- Wounded warriors from across the country are in Colorado Springs this week to participate in the Warrior Games.
U.S., Allied Airstrikes Target ISIS In Northern Syria
- U.S. and allied warplanes hit sites near the northern Syrian city of Ayn al-Arab, the scene of fighting between ISIS and Kurdish forces in recent days, the U.S. Central Command confirmed Saturday.
Colorado Springs VA Clinic Ribbon Cutting
- Colorado Springs' new VA clinic has been running for nearly a month, but Friday it was given its official welcome by state and local leaders.
19 Reportedly Killed As U.S., Arab Allies Pummel ISIS Oil Refineries
- U.S.-led airstrikes targeted Syrian oil installations held by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) overnight and early Thursday, killing nearly 20 people.
ISIS On The Move As Airstrikes Continue
- Kurdish commander says ISIS tanks, fighters moved to Turkish border as group continues to take fire.
Pentagon: Terrorist Group 'Nearing The Execution Phase' Of An Attack
- The al Qaeda affiliated group the United States struck unilaterally was "nearing the execution phase of an attack either in Europe or the homeland," Lt. Gen. William Mayville, director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday.
Fort Carson Releasing Few Details About Shots-Fired Incident
- Gunshots heard on Fort Carson remain under investigation, even as the post returned to business as usual Tuesday.
Obama: Syria Strikes Show 'This Is Not America's Fight Alone'
- The United States and several Arab nations rained bombs on ISIS targets in Syria on Tuesday.
AFA Airmen Hike Mount Elbert For Nationwide Challenge
- A group of cadets and airmen from the Air Force Academy are climbing Mount Elbert as part of a plan to fly the Air Force flag from the highest point in every state.
Air Force Drops Mandatory 'So Help Me God'
- Air Force officials say they’re changing their policy on enlistment oaths and will allow airmen to omit the words “so help me God” if they choose.
More Top Military Stories