KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - An Afghan official says a roadside bomb has killed at least 15 people in vehicles that had been diverted from a main road after an earlier attack in southern Afghanistan.
Local government spokesman Dawkhan Menapal says two SUVs carrying civilians were traveling on a side road after the main road was blocked following a suicide bombing targeting a convoy of NATO troops in Kandahar province.
Menapal says the suicide bomber in the earlier attack detonated his explosives on in front of the convoy carrying troops with the U.S.-led coalition in the Maywand district of Kandahar province. He says there were no serious casualties reported in that attack.
The international alliance says it's aware of an incident but has not provided any details.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the earlier attack on Monday but blamed international forces for the roadside bombing, saying the foreign forces were trying to hurt the reputation of the Islamic militant movement by making it look like the Taliban were killing civilians.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus