Father Re-Enlists At Daughter’s School

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

A Colorado Springs military family is beginning another six years in the Army with a special re-enlistment ceremony. Russel Houde wanted to make sure his family was by his side when he was sworn in, so he decided to do it outside of his daughter's kindergarten classroom.

"My family is going to be with me throughout my entire time as a military person I want them to be as involved as possible,” Houde said.

Houde’s wife, Christina, was the mastermind behind the plan. She said she thought it was strange at first, but changed her mind because of how important it was to her husband. "For him to include her it made me fall in love with him all over again,” she said.

The couple met during training, when both were in the military.

• by crystal Location: Tennessee on Oct 26, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    I personally know this couple and the love this family shares for their country and each other. Thank you for everything you are doing! I wish I could have been there for you guys!! Love you all! Congratulations and best wishes...looking forward to seeing you again!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 16, 2011 at 08:43 PM
    Yeah, brilliant.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    Nor as dumb as either of you. What a brilliant idea...a unique reenlistment ceremony, and a memory the family will have forever.
  • by DIANE Location: PUEBLO on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM
    MY BEST WISHES TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY. THANKS FOR GIVING UP TIME FROM YOU'RE FAMILY TO SAVE ALL OF US. MY SPECIAL THANKS, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR YOU AND ALL THE MILITARY, FOR THEIR SERVICE & SACRIFICES. TRUST IN GOD, HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.. GOD BLESS!
  • by marC Location: marCville on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    One of the dumbest things I've heard
      by Anonymous on Oct 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM in reply to marC
      But not as dumb as the war itself.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 131895908 - kktv.com/a?a=131895908