Air Force Cadet's Court Martial Begins

Cadet 2nd Class Stephan H. Claxton's court martial for allegedly sexually assaulting a fellow cadet began Tuesday. It is scheduled to last until April 20.

A woman testified at a hearing in January that Claxton, who is in the class of 2012, allegedly crept beside her while she slept in March 2011 and placed her hand on his genitals. Prosecutors allege he also unzipped the pants of a woman who was passed out after a night of drinking in November.

Claxton was among three Air Force Academy cadets charged this year in separate sex assault cases.

All three were alleged to be in violation of Article 120, which as of 2007 constitutes rape, sexual assault, and other sexual misconduct.

According to the Air Force, Maj. Gen. Richard Clark has dismissed all charges against Cadet Kyle A. Cressy, class of 2012. He had been charged with aggravated sexual assault.

Commanders have yet to decide whether to send Robert Evenson to a court martial.

According to an affidavit released by the AFA, Evenson, a 2011 graduate, raped a fellow cadet between March 1 and July 1 of 2010. The rape charges include additional specifications of aggravated conduct and indecent acts, which according to the affidavit include Evenson holding a woman down while masturbating over her, and engaging in inappropriate sexual conduct while forcibly restraining the victim.

Additionally, Evenson faces charges of engaging in an unprofessional relationship, and conduct unbecoming of an officer. The charge papers indicate he is suspected of abusing his position as the Cadet Non-Commissioned Officer for Honor by helping a cadet in exchange for a dating relationship and sexual favors.

Evenson is currently working at the Academy.

• by linda g Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    I dont know if the girls where raped or not but my mother taught me dont put yourself in that situation if you dont want stuff like this to happen. If it happens once dont go back
  • by linda g Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • by Guess what? on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    Here is a perfect example of "rosewood", go rent it.
  • by Rodney on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    You know he thinks he's God give to women. What a disgrace to the Air Force!
  • by Debi Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    TO: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK ... it is well known in the military community that sexual assault IS NOT TOLERATED. Trust me, if found guilty, not only his career is in the tubes, but 4 years of college with out a degree, dishonerable discharge and possibly confinement. Could also be tried in local civilian court, up to the Cadet Commandant. GET OVER YOUSELF, THE AIR FORCE IS A GREAT WAY OF LIFE....A FEW JERKS (LIKE YOURSELF) CAN TURN ANYONE INTO A NUT CASE, LIKE YOU.
  • by You don't know jack on Apr 16, 2012 at 09:40 AM
    Y'all have NO idea what goes on at the AFA, none. Let's just say if I have a daughter she will never be allowed to go to school here. I bet she was raped and I bet he will get off with a slap on the wrist or less.
  • by Jim Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 30, 2012 at 03:43 AM
    How about the story back in the 80's where a woman (Cathleen Crowell) in Illinois got religion after letting a guy(Gary Dotson) rot in jail for 10 years after making false allegations. Hopefully there is a thing called evidence and the he said she said thing doesn't determine the outcome.
  • by Jack Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Now there is rape and what I call "possibly non-consensual sexual contact". Rape is what happens in back alleys when a stranger grabs you and forces you to have sex. When you go out drinking, start kissing the guy, feeling his johnson, and then go back and stuff starts happening, there is no way on this planet that is "rape". If you make stupid choices, that is not rape. If you change your mind in the middle of the act, that is not rape. If you are drunk out of your mind and put yourself in a very vulnerable position, that is not rape. A LOT of women who get drunk and have sex with guys end up with "buyer's remorse" the next day and convince themselves they were not voluntary participants. If I was interviewing the "victim", the first question I would ask is, "Did you voluntarily go back to his place or your place"? Next - "Were you intoxicated"? Next - "At any time did you kiss him or place your hands on his genitals"? If the answers are all "yes", then the "victim" is no victim at all.
      by ReallyJack on Apr 16, 2012 at 02:45 PM in reply to Jack
      I see you and respect your opinion however, you are very wrong on several accounts. Just because a young girl, woman is interested and decides to make out with a guy DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO PRESUME SHE WANTS TO GET LAID!!That is RAPE!!.NO IS NO IS NO! Furthermore, If someone deliberately slips you a knock out drink and you become nearly uncounsious and do not have the mental judgement to know what is happening; then that person is not a MAN; just an animal with animal instincts. Whom and Why would anyone stoop so low as to have sex with someone that was not a willing participant. SICK!! Just becuase a person may have had a couple of drinks, does not mean that the situation was not RAPE! Also, did you know that a wife can be raped?? And yes, it happens, probably more than you know, viciously and without regard to children present. Women have been humuliated, belittled, and abusivly raped by their husbands and boyfriens and people like you make it very difficult to prosecute; that is why laws are getting better to help prove these instances. The guy made a big mistake...and yes, if the facts are true it is RAPE!!
  • by You have no idea! on Mar 29, 2012 at 09:26 PM
    I was raped! You have no idea what that was like or what it did to me! I'm messed up for a long time! I will never trust a man again. So that means I will probably not get married or have children! So do not go blaming me. I'm the victim!
  • by Wow on Mar 2, 2012 at 03:27 PM
    These guys are TRASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136275193 - kktv.com/a?a=136275193