30 Academy Cadets Suspected of Substance Use

By: AP
By: AP

An Air Force Academy official says about 30 cadets are suspected of using banned substances, which is double the number of cadets the school said it was investigating in January.

Academy spokesman Lt. Col. John Bryan says the inquiry involves substances other than alcohol, tobacco or drugs prescribed to cadets. He says the review could wrap up in a few months.

Some of the cadets under investigation are reportedly intercollegiate athletes.

Bryan didn't know if any cases have resulted in charges or discipline yet. Other details haven't been released.

In 2011 the academy investigated suspected use of banned substances including Spice, which mimics the effects of marijuana. Twenty-one cadets resigned, five were kicked out, and one went to a court-martial. Results of the court-martial weren't immediately available Thursday evening.

• by Truth on Mar 25, 2012 at 01:06 PM
    They turn from God Almighty, what makes you think they'll be loyal to you if they turn on God?
  • by Only on Mar 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    30?
  • by Pooka Location: Briargate on Mar 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    Briargater -- Thanks for an intelligent comment. They're supposed to be --- but somewhere, somethings getting missed. '72
  • by Briargater Location: Briargate on Mar 23, 2012 at 09:22 AM
    And 6 of them live in a house next door to me. On any given night there are between 3 and 10 vehicles parked outside. The best part is when we found a baggie full of pot in the cul-de-sac. I know it didn't come from our house and they are the only other house here. Come on guys... set an example! Be the best and the brightest that our country has to offer.
      by Did you on Mar 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM in reply to Briargater
      call the police, or just complain on the internet?
  • by Airacademy Romperroom Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 23, 2012 at 01:48 AM
    It is like a romper room at the Air Force Academy. Every day it is something different there.
      by Stone on Mar 23, 2012 at 04:52 AM in reply to Airacademy Romperroom
      I presume you live in a glass house?
        by Absurd Comparison on Mar 24, 2012 at 07:04 AM in reply to Stone
        No I don't live in a glass house but I do not get women in the Air Force drunk and then force them to have sex, I do not cheat on Air Force tests, I do not use illegal drugs, and I do not kill because I am jealous of who my girlfriend is talking to like the cadets and the staff at the Air Force academy have done over the years either.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 143920736 - kktv.com/a?a=143920736