Top Military Stories
Schriever Air Force Base Does Active Shooter And Hostage Scenario Training Exercises
- Schriever Air Force Base is on high alert following the Paris attacks, along with other military installations around the country. Thursday they held a hostage scenario training exercise on base.
False Alarm Leads To Lockdown On Schriever Air Force Base
- A false alarm led to a lockdown at Schriever Air Force Base Wednesday morning.
U.S. 'Really Sure' Drone Strike Hit Jihadi John; UK Prime Minister Not Yet Certain
- Prime Minister David Cameron said Friday that Britain "can't yet be certain" an airstrike in Syria had killed the British man known as "Jihadi John," but a U.S. official tells CBS News they were pretty certain he was killed.
U.S. Backs New Fight Against ISIS For Iraqi Town
- Kurdish Iraqi fighters, backed by U.S.-led airstrikes, launched a major assault Thursday aiming to retake the strategic town of Sinjar from ISIS.
Medal Of Honor Presented To Retired Fort Carson Army Captain
- A former Fort Carson soldier received the nation's highest military honor for his action when confronting a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.
UCCS Holds Ceremonies To Honor Fallen Service Members
- In honor of Veterans Day, dozens of people on the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs campus took turns reading more than 6,000 names of service men and women who have died since September 11, 2001.
Freebies, Deals And Discounts For Vets In The Pikes Peak Region
- If you've served your country or are still serving, you have the opportunity to dine free at many area restaurants on Wednesday.
Fort Carson Responds To Fire On Range
- Fort Carson responded to a fire on one of its ranges late Tuesday morning.
2 Americans killed in Jordan police shooting
- A U.S. official says two Americans killed in Jordan on Monday were part of a State Department police training program.
Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg Visiting Air Force Academy
- Facebook's chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, is visiting the Air Force Academy as part of her campaign to promote women in leadership.
More Top Military Stories