Top Military Stories
Pentagon: Terrorist Group 'Nearing The Execution Phase' Of An Attack
Posted: 11:48 AM
- The al Qaeda affiliated group the United States struck unilaterally was "nearing the execution phase of an attack either in Europe or the homeland," Lt. Gen. William Mayville, director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday.
Fort Carson: No Suspects In Custody After 2 Shots Fired On Post; Investigation Continues
Updated: 8:01 AM
- Gunshots heard on Fort Carson remain under investigation Tuesday, even as the post returns to business as usual.
Obama: Syria Strikes Show 'This Is Not America's Fight Alone'
Updated: 8:31 AM
- The United States and several Arab nations rained bombs on ISIS targets in Syria on Tuesday.
AFA Airmen Hike Mount Elbert For Nationwide Challenge
- A group of cadets and airmen from the Air Force Academy are climbing Mount Elbert as part of a plan to fly the Air Force flag from the highest point in every state.
Air Force Drops Mandatory 'So Help Me God'
- Air Force officials say they’re changing their policy on enlistment oaths and will allow airmen to omit the words “so help me God” if they choose.
U.S. Troops To Help With Ebola Outbreak; Unclear Who Will Be Assigned
- The Ebola epidemic in West Africa is rapidly escalating into a crisis. President Obama announced this week that about 3,000 U.S. troops will be sent to the affected region.
Gen. Dempsey: I'll Suggest U.S. Troops In Iraq If ISIS Strategy Fails
- The nation's top military leader told Congress Tuesday that he will recommend President Obama consider using ground troops to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS, also known as ISIL) if the expanded military campaign to the president laid out last week fails.
3,000 U.S. Military Members To Fight Ebola In Africa
- The Obama administration will assign 3,000 U.S. military personnel to West Africa "to combat and contain" what senior administration officials call an "extraordinarily serious epidemic."
Suicide Bomb Kills 3 NATO Troops In Afghanistan
- A Taliban attacker detonated his car bomb next to an international military convoy on Tuesday, killing three troops from the NATO-led force and wounding nearly 20 troops and civilians, officials said.
Navy identifies pilot presumed dead after crash
- A Navy fighter pilot presumed dead after two jets crashed in the far western Pacific Ocean has been identified.
More Top Military Stories