Firefighters battled two separate fires near the Citadel Mall Friday morning.
One was a small grass fire at the intersection of St. Vrain and Auburn Drive. It was reportedly threatening a structure. Firefighters had it knocked down within minutes, and called it fully out at 9:15 a.m.
The second fire was at a shop on 3505 E. Platte, near the Citadel Mall in Colorado Springs. Authorities told 11 News a maintenance worker accidentally started the fire with a cigarette, and suffered minor burns. It has been knocked down.
Smoke was visible from the west side of town while firefighters fought the two fires.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.