Two women in Castle Rock are lucky to be okay after an early morning fire at their home.
The fire started at 4 a.m. Monday morning in the 4000 block of Bennington Ave.
The women told fire crews they heard a noise in the garage and saw smoke in a hallway.
“The occupants heard a noise, and when they investigated and found smoke, they immediately evacuated,” Fire Chief Art Morales said. “That was the right thing to do. It was the key to their survival.”
The flames reached a height of two-times the size of the house. Damages are estimated at $180,000.
The cause has yet to be determined. It took crews from Castle Rock, Franktown and South Metro Fire about 20 minutes to contain the blaze.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus