Smoke filled a popular coffee shop in downtown Colorado Springs Friday morning after an electrical malfunction caused a fire.
Firefighters were able to get the small fire at Pikes Perk Coffee on South Tejon out quickly, but say the fire caused a significant amount of smoke. Forty firefighters were dispatched to the scene.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department says $817,000 worth of property was saved. The overall monetary loss in damaged property/content was just under $30,000.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus