We’re hoping to learn what started a house fire in Northeast Colorado Springs. 11 News was first on scene. Firefighters say it started at around 9 p.m. in the 3600 block of Cranswood, near Woodmen and Rangewood.
We have cell phone video taken just minutes after the fire broke out. It shows how big the flames were early on as Springs firefighters responded.
We talked to Carmen Estrada, a family friend and neighbor, who said the homeowner was completely shocked and distraught. Estrada described to us just how scary it was to see those flames.
"I just stopped the car and I ran (toward the home) and fell because I thought it was my house. It is the most horrible feeling to ever have," Estrada said. "I just saw all these flames and smoke and everything and I parked my truck and ran over here because I thought it was my grandson and my husband over here, but thank goodness they were okay."
The family of four that lives in the home was not there when the fire started. No one was injured.
Fire crews are expected to work into the early morning hours investigating how this fire started.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.