A judge has ruled that there is enough evidence for a Fort Carson soldier to go to trial for sexually assaulting a child.
Authorities say Aaron Lucas sexually assaulted an 8-year-old girl in June of 2012 after allegedly kidnapping her in the Stratmoor Valley area, near Security.
Lucas is also facing charges in a series of sex offenses allegedly committed between 2010 and 2012 in Fountain, Colorado Springs, and unincorporated El Paso County.
In the alleged kidnapping case, prosecutors say the little girl was gone for about 45 minutes before being returned.
According to detectives, the alleged victim and witness in the case positively identified Lucas as the kidnapper.
In court on Friday, a detective told a judge that Lucas' DNA was found on the young girl's pants and on her privates, indicating she was sexually assaulted.
However, the defense argues that the little girl never told detectives she had been sexually assaulted during the alleged abduction. In fact, when detectives asked her if she been touched sexually, she told them no.
The judge also heard testimony Friday about the possibility that someone else committed the crimes that Lucas is accused of perpetrating. Detectives told the judge that Lucas does have a twin brother that lives in Alabama. Detectives said they checked into him, but ruled him out as a suspect.
The defense also argued that the suspect lineups that the alleged victims and witnesses were shown in these cases are biased and should be tossed out. The judge denied the motion.
You can trust 11 News to stay on top of this developing story, and update you as the case moves forward.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.