Stratmoor Valley House Fire 'Accidental'


Investigators have determined a cause for a structure fire over the weekend.

The fire broke out around 2 p.m. Sunday at a home on Drummond South near I-25 and South Academy in Colorado Springs. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says the fire was accidental, likely caused by resistance heating from a long extension cord used for space heater.

"I just saw a bunch of smoke coming from the house and I saw the family standing outside trying to get a hold of the police and the fire department," a neighbor told KKTV.

No people were hurt in the fire, but a friend of the family who lives in the home said two cats were killed.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241128511 -
Gray Television, Inc.