Hotel Evacuated Because Of Smoke

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Forty people were forced from their hotel rooms for more than 90 minutes Friday night after an electric fire filled the building with smoke.

Four floors at the Holiday Inn Express on Dillon Drive in Pueblo were evacuated after the fire started in a furnace on the second floor. One person had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

A guest told 11 News she was "shocked" to get back to the hotel and see so many people milling around outside.

Firelighters gave the "all clear" a little after 10 p.m., allowing guests to return to their rooms.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 210674901 - kktv.com/a?a=210674901
Gray Television, Inc.