Five people are lucky to be alive after a house in Castle Rock exploded Friday morning.
The force of the explosion could be felt in surrounding homes on Sulfur Court, a couple of which sustained some damage. Nearby residents reported feeling shaking and say insulation rained down throughout the neighborhood after the blast.
Four children managed to escape through an upstairs window just before the explosion, while the woman inside had to be helped out. None were severely injured.
The explosion was reported at 7:18 a.m. Police believe the explosion may have been sparked by the microwave, though that is not confirmed.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus