Firefighter Injured In House Fire


An Elk Creek firefighter is recovering from injuries suffered while fighting a house fire near the town of Pine.

The firefighter suffered smoke inhalation on Sunday and is expected to recover.

Two people renting the home were all able to escape, along with their dog.

Authorities tell our sister station in Denver that it appears that the fire originated in the chimney and spread into the attic. Flames were 30 feet high at one point.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176263851 -
Gray Television, Inc.