A Pitkin County building official and a former Aspen city building inspector are refusing to talk about the carbon monoxide deaths of a family of four who were killed over the Thanksgiving weekend in 2008 after a boiler leaked the deadly gas into a home they were staying in outside Aspen.
According to the Aspen Daily News, the two men invoked their right against self-incrimination in a lawsuit filed by the family's relatives.
All of the criminal charges were dismissed against county employee Brian Pawl and former Aspen building inspector Erik Peltonen because the statute of limitations had expired.
The men faced felony and misdemeanor charges in the deaths of Caroline Lofgren, 42; her husband, Parker, 39; and their two children, Owen, 10, and Sophie, 8.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus