Firefighters tell 11 News a homeowner's security system may have saved his house from burning to the ground.
They say the security system detected smoke and called the fire department.
The fire broke out on Golden Hills Road, not far from Garden of the Gods and I-25 in Colorado Springs.
When crews got on scene, they noticed smoke and found the fire burning upstairs.
No one was home when the fire started, except for a dog, which fire crews rescued.
It's not clear yet how much damage there is, or what started the fire.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus