A space heater placed too close to combustible material is reportedly to blame for a mobile home fire early Friday morning.
That was the conclusion firefighters reached three hours after responding to the fire at The Meadows Mobile Home Park off Astrozon in Colorado Springs. The call came in around 3:30 a.m. Firefighters had the fire under control within 20 minutes.
The extent of damage is unknown, but firefighters say a family of five was displaced. Police tell us there were three people inside the home when the fire started, and all were able to escape on their own.
Firefighters believe the space heater may have been too close to a blanket, but have not confirmed that.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.