Employees at a Waste Management transfer station were alarmed to find smoke inside the building when they arrived for work before dawn Saturday.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department was called to the scene, and determined a trash fire had started sometime during the night, and had been smoldering for an hour or more.
The fire was easily contained.
The Waste Management station is located at 1965 Commercial Boulevard, near Circle and I-25.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.