People are coming together to raise money to repair a historic building in Victor that was almost lost to fire last week.
Lightning started the fire at the Mining Union Hall.
Saturday a girl's soccer team helped raise money to repair the hall and even kids emptied their piggy banks to help the cause.
"Seeing it on fire in all the pictures, seeing pictures of the damage, hearing the descriptions at first, I just held my breath...it gives me the feeling that we can restore it, actually," said Katherine Sturdecant , Historian for Minors Union Hall.
A fundraising site has been set up for people who would like to contribute to the restoration effort.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.