Scary Moment For Family After Stray Bullet Ends Up In TV

By: Mecca Rayne/KKTV
By: Mecca Rayne/KKTV
A bullet ripped through the ceiling of a home and became lodged in a flat screen TV after police say a woman accidentally discharged her handgun.

Close up of the bullet hole in the ceiling.

It was supposed to a night full of family fun and Disney songs but it turned out to be a night that left one family in shock.

Shirae Hines, her kids and her best friend say they were settling in to watch a movie when a bullet ripped through the ceiling of her home and became lodged in the flat screen TV.

Stunned and confused, Hines said that they all looked up and saw two holes: one in the ceiling and one in the TV. Hines' friend Kamika Raby called 911.

Police say the handgun was accidentally discharged by a person who was in the apartment above Hines' apartment. Police say they ticketed 25-year-old Amy Walter.

It was by the grace of God that no one was injured, Hines told 11 News.

Just minutes before the bullet went into her home, Hines' two daughters were up moving around and had actually walked past the bullet's entry point.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173021811 - kktv.com/a?a=173021811
Gray Television, Inc.