It was supposed to a night full of family fun and Disney songs but it turned out to be a night that left one family in shock.
Shirae Hines, her kids and her best friend say they were settling in to watch a movie when a bullet ripped through the ceiling of her home and became lodged in the flat screen TV.
Stunned and confused, Hines said that they all looked up and saw two holes: one in the ceiling and one in the TV. Hines' friend Kamika Raby called 911.
Police say the handgun was accidentally discharged by a person who was in the apartment above Hines' apartment. Police say they ticketed 25-year-old Amy Walter.
It was by the grace of God that no one was injured, Hines told 11 News.
Just minutes before the bullet went into her home, Hines' two daughters were up moving around and had actually walked past the bullet's entry point.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.