Colorado Springs fire crews have cleared a suspicious odor at Coronado High School.
All of the students are now back in class, after being evacuated this morning while crews search the building. The fire department tells 11News that a hazmat crew was on scene as a precaution.
School officials say members of the kitchen staff were cleaning a grease trap at the time. Crews determined that the odor was not hazardus and came from the grease trap.
No students reported any symptoms of illness.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.