KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo | News

Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

An apartment fire that displaced at least eight people has been ruled accidental.

The fire at the Montebello Garden Apartments in Colorado Springs was the result of an electrical malfunction, according to the fire department.

Two people were treated at the scene. Two cats were given oxygen after they were rescued from an apartment.

Eight to 12 people were displaced by the fire.

Witnesses told 11 News they only saw smoke, never any visible flames. Our crew on scene says they saw the smoke coming from the roof and one apartment.

The fire department says people should contact a qualified electrician if any of the following occurs:

- There are recurring problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers
- People experience a tingling feeling when touching an electrical appliance
- Outlets or switches are discolored or warm
- Appliances produce a burning or rubbery smell.
- Lights flicker
- Sparks come from a wall outlet
- Wall outlets are cracked or broken


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 254933001 - kktv.com/a?a=254933001