Around 9 a.m. Tuesday, employees were evacuated from the international bible society.
Investigators say sulfuric acid was leaking from a battery back up system in the computer server room.
An on-site crew tried to neutralize the leak with baking soda, but the fumes made them sick.
The five people taken to Penrose Hospital were treated for minor respiratory irritation and nausea, then released.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.