Resolution FAQ - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question:
Investigators say a two-alarm fire Tuesday morning at Quail Creek townhomes may have been caused by a tipped-over halogen light. And as a result, eight families are out of their homes, and now there's concern about asbestos.
The fire broke out around 9 AM in one unit of the 8-unit building. Fire heavily damaged or destroyed three of the homes.
It could be Wednesday before residents know how long they'll be displaced.
Hospital officials say a 27-year-old the mother was treated at the hospital for cuts. Her 20-month old daughter had 2nd degree burns to her face and was transferred to University Hospital in Denver. The fire apparently started in their unit.
The El Paso County Health Department says there is asbestos in the drywall tape of some of the units. That means the residents won’t be allowed back in until the extent of the contamination is known. Asbestos is a cancer-causing agent that was a popular insulation until it was outlawed in 1972---the same year Quail Creek was built.
The Red Cross is finding housing for the people that were burned out. Two of the eight families were out of town at the time of the fire.
Updated: 04/17/2013 - Crossing the finish line is such an awesome moment. It's hard to imagine what it has been like for the runners in Boston.
Updated: 04/09/2013 - Admittedly, there are days that I just don’t feel like working out. But then I met Viola. And if she can make working out a priority at 99, then none of us have any excuses! Here's how she's living a FIT LIFE:
Updated: 04/05/2013 - A look back at that amazing Rockies home opener, 20 years ago! Were you there?
Updated: 04/02/2013 - I love my high heels. But sometimes you've gotta put on the sneaks. This is definitely one of those times!