Help for Immigrant Students?


The state legislature is considering a bill that would make it easier for undocumented students to become legal residents.

Called the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act, it would apply to students who came to the U.S. before they turned 16, lived in Colorado for at least 5 years, and don't have criminal records.

They would, then, be able to attend a Colorado college or university for in-state tuition rates.

Opponents of the bill say it would encourage illegal immgration and cost taxpayers too much money.

KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 555937 -
Gray Television, Inc.