Clothing placed too close to a furnace is being blamed for a fire that charred an apartment in Colorado Springs Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 7:30 a.m. at the Palomar Lodge
Apartments on North Nevada. Three fire crews found the apartment fully engulfed in flames, but brought the blaze quickly under control.
A woman who lives in the unit told firefighters she spotted the flames shortly after her husband left for work.
Damage is estimated at $3,500 dollars. One dog died in the blaze, but no one else was hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.