Hooked - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 10/11/2013 - I'm SO CLOSE to being able to do a pull-up. So my trainer introduced something new into my training.
A potentially-deadly situation that's all-too-common during the winter months, carbon monoxide poisoning.
On Wednesday morning, a Colorado Springs family went to the hospital. Paramedics say they were overcome by dangerous fumes in their home.
It happened in the 3900 block of Fetlock Circle, that's near North Academy and Austin Bluffs Parkway.
The four children and their mother were taken to Memorial Hospital. All treated and released from the hospital by the afternoon.
Paramedics say the family members had flu-like symptoms and called 9-1-1. Firefighters think there were problems with the gas furnace. And they say the family got out just in time, since people can die quickly from carbon monoxide poisoning.
"It's a colorless, odorless gas, and pretty much anything that does have gas can permeate carbon monoxide if it doesn't burn cleanly," said paramedic Bruce Monson.
Carbon monoxide it emitted when a gas appliance doesn't work properly. Things in your home to keep your eye on, are gas furnaces and gas stoves. Firefighters recommend you get a carbon monoxide detector. Since carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, that is the only way to detect this silent killer.
kktv.com Extended Web Coverage
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Tips
Source: http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/coftsht.html (United States Environmental Protection Agency).
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: