Sharon Sander's house was engulfed in flames Wednesday night, she visited her house Thursday to assess the damage.
"You can see for yourself it's all gone, I could only stand here and watch," said homeowner Sharon Sanders.
She was just getting home when the blaze broke out.
“My youngest son heard crackling sounds and looked over to the side of the house through the door, he said mama it's burning.”
It was burning so fiercely that within minutes flames had jumped over to neighbor Anna Shubauer's home.
“I feel so bad because it passed onto my neighbors, and they're new, they've only been here a few months.”
Neighbor Anna Schubauer also came back Thursday to see what was left of her home.
“I’m just kind of numb, like there's that,” said Schubauer.
But she manages to find the good in what is a bad situation.
“It's just stuff. My friend Paula always tells me you need to simplify your life. Well it's certainly simpler now.“
Sharon Sanders has a similar outlook.
“We take our home with us inside each one of us, the house can be rebuilt,” said Sanders
Damage has been estimated at $500,000 for the structures and contents.
Four cats and one dog perished in one of the homes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.