A Springs family has something to be thankful for today. They were able to escape from their burning home.
The house, located in the 61 hundred block of Wilson Road near Centennial and Vindicator, caught fire early this afternoon.
Fire investigators believe an electric blanket is to blame for starting the fire.
The family was able to escape because of a smoke detector.
Preliminary estimates show the house suffered about 50 thousand dollars in damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.