A Denver firefighter who collapsed inside a burning house is recovering and is good condition.
A fire department spokesman says 35-year-old Billy Green was alert and chatting with family members this morning at Denver Health Medical Center.
Green had been in critical condition after collapsing yesterday morning. He was one of the first firefighters inside the burning home, but colleagues soon found him unconscious on the floor.
Fellow firefighters performed CPR at the scene before Green was rushed to the hospital.
Fire officials says it's still not exactly clear how Green was hurt. They says possible causes include a malfunction in Green's oxygen apparatus, exertion or adrenaline, but nothing has been ruled out.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.