2 boys found unconscious died of overheating

By: AP
By: AP

Mesa County coroner's officials say two boys who were found unconscious after they were left in their mother's SUV in November died of hyperthermia, or overheating.

Coroner's officials said Tuesday that the deaths of 2-year-old William Jensen and 4-year-old Tyler Jensen were ruled accidental.

The Daily Sentinel reports that according to a search warrant affidavit, the boys' mother, Heather Jensen, called 911 on Nov. 27 and said William had no pulse, while Tyler was "gurgling" with every breath.

William died at the scene. Tyler died later at a hospital in Aurora.

The affidavit says Heather Jensen allegedly told investigators that after the boys played in snow near Powderhorn Ski Resort, she left them in her SUV with the engine running while she met with a male friend.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186103791 - kktv.com/a?a=186103791
Gray Television, Inc.