Lady Gaga To Discuss Anti-Bullying At White House

By: AP
By: AP

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Lady Gaga is coming to the White House.

The pop singer is meeting with Obama administration staffers Tuesday to discuss her work on bullying prevention. The White House held an anti-bullying conference earlier this year, and the administration estimates that bullying affects 13 million students, or about a third of those attending school

However, Gaga won't have a chance to meet with President Barack Obama. He's traveling to Kansas for a speech on the economy.

The president and Gaga have met before. The singer attended a fundraiser for Obama's re-election campaign in California earlier this year.

• by La Nance on Dec 12, 2011 at 02:36 PM
    kinda agree with Wayne on his comment...Now for the others, you should know that lady Gaga is an educated, caring and talented young woman.Obviously not the case of all posting on here!Her excentric clothes and make up are her trade mark, if you don't like it, change the channel!
  • by Wayne on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    Sounds like a waste of time. It is impossible to prevent bullying, just like it is impossible to prevent any other crime. Increase the punishment if you like. Besides, our government is a pretty big bully itself, who can stop that?
  • by Vulcan1700 Location: COS on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Oh yes, Lady Gaga she is definitley a politican type leader I want. The cause is great but I would not want her leading the way for the cause. I would not take her seriously on anything.
  • by Edwin on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    I wish someone would shoot that lady in the face.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    I read somewhere that this person wants to make bullying a federal crime. If it turns into law I will pull my kids out of school because I can see this being worse than zero-tolerance-- kids being kicked out and labeled a bully for looking at someone wrong....
      by Anonymous on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:07 AM in reply to
      Yeah, I'm even suspicious of anti-bullying when it becomes such a political issue.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135103298 - kktv.com/a?a=135103298