Hooked - (Stacia Naquin)
Updated: 10/11/2013 - I'm SO CLOSE to being able to do a pull-up. So my trainer introduced something new into my training.
For more information about where rabies has been found in Pueblo go to www.pueblorabieswatch.blogspot.com.
The first rabies case this year has been reported in southern Colorado after a bat tested positive for the disease in Pueblo County.
This is the first animal to be confirmed with rabies in Pueblo County this year. Rabies has been found in wild skunks, foxes and bats throughout Pueblo County in recent years. Pet and livestock owners are encouraged to vaccinate animals against rabies through a licensed veterinarian.
The Pueblo City-County Health Department asked us to pass on this information to you to avoid exposure to rabies:
• Never touch a wild bat or any other wild animal. A healthy bat likely will not come near enough to be touched, therefore a bat that is slow, lying on the ground or lands on a person could be showing signs of illness. If you can touch the animal, chances are it is sick. Children who find a bat should leave it where it is and tell an adult.
• Do not pick up a bat with your hands, even if you’re wearing gloves. Use a shovel.
• If you are bitten by a bat, other wild animal, or if you suspect you’ve been exposed to their saliva, try to contain the animal without touching it or monitor where the animal wanders off to. Contact your local animal control agency 544-3005 press “0” or health department 583-4317 for the animal to be collected for testing.
• Keep your doors and windows covered with intact screens. Do not leave screenless doors or windows open in the evening.
• If you have bats in your house, try to find the source of entry and seal it. If assistance is needed, call a local nuisance wildlife trapper who has experience on how to do this.
• Make sure your pets are vaccinated against rabies. Keep in mind that vaccines not administered by a licensed veterinarian are not considered valid vaccinations in the State of Colorado, including Pueblo County.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: