5 Best Foods to Help Manage Arthritis
1) Tart Cherries. Enjoy these super fruits year-round (sold as cherry juice, dried cherries, canned or frozen cherries) to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis
2) Spinach and Green Leafy Vegetables. Whether you choose spinach, kale, chard, or mustard greens, you’ll get all the inflammation-fighting benefits with these greens.
3) Green Tea Ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis with this satisfying, low caffeine beverage.
4) Sweet potatoes A great source of antioxidants that can help offset free radical damage from arthritis. This nutritious root vegetable is also loaded with B vitamins and fiber.
5) Turmeric The spice that gives yellow mustard its color, and adds flavor to curries, and to Asian and Middle Eastern foods. Add turmeric to chicken, rice and vegetable dishes to help prevent inflammation.
Source: Martha Rosenau, RD
Peak Nutrition, Colorado Springs
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.