5 Best Foods to Help Manage Arthritis
1) Tart Cherries. Enjoy these super fruits year-round (sold as cherry juice, dried cherries, canned or frozen cherries) to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis
2) Spinach and Green Leafy Vegetables. Whether you choose spinach, kale, chard, or mustard greens, you’ll get all the inflammation-fighting benefits with these greens.
3) Green Tea Ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis with this satisfying, low caffeine beverage.
4) Sweet potatoes A great source of antioxidants that can help offset free radical damage from arthritis. This nutritious root vegetable is also loaded with B vitamins and fiber.
5) Turmeric The spice that gives yellow mustard its color, and adds flavor to curries, and to Asian and Middle Eastern foods. Add turmeric to chicken, rice and vegetable dishes to help prevent inflammation.
Source: Martha Rosenau, RD
Peak Nutrition, Colorado Springs
Posted: 08/06/2013 - Even if you don't plan to workout on your vacation, you may be surprised at the calories you're burning without even trying!
Updated: 06/18/2013 - We did a quick helicopter tour of the Black Forest burn area. Someone asked why the video looks shaky.
Updated: 05/20/2013 - Two weekends left to catch one great show!
Updated: 05/14/2013 - I'm still focused on meeting my goal of doing a pull-up. And I'm almost there! But I'm always getting this question: