A new report and a resulting bill regarding Nalgene bottles has some people worried about their health effects.
The study claims a chemical compound called bis-phenol A or BPA, commonly found in plastic bottles can be toxic if it leaks into food or drink.
However, Steven Hentges from the American Chemistry Council says
"the level of BPA that we are exposed to are far, far below any level that could possibly be harmful."
The study was done in animals, not humans.
A New York senator is expected to introduce a bill banning BPA in children's products and food containers on April 21.
Wal-Mart say they've started removing the affected bottles from their shelves.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.