UPDATE: Final Unofficial Results Of Springs Election Are In

More than 90,000 Votes were cast in the Colorado Springs city election, and 24 hours after the polls closed- they've all been counted.

Colorado Springs City Clerk Kathryn Young says she sent workers home Tuesday night, even though there were thousands of votes left to count.

Workers returned early Wednesday to finish the count., and the final unofficial results were released at 7:12 Wednesday evening.

They won't be official until they're certified on April 14th.

In one very close race,District 3 candidates Lisa Czelatdko ended up with a 338 vote margin over Michael Merrifield- out of nearly 20,000 votes cast.

Click here to view the latest results

• by Tired on Apr 7, 2011 at 04:35 PM
    Does that me we are a unoffical city with unofficial votes and unofficial officials. What makes them official? People at the paper pull your heads out. You are only suppose to feed use official news that has been officially verified, by unofficial people.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 03:32 PM
    "Final Unofficial Results Of Springs Election Are In" In this case it would have been more appropriate to say: "Finally, Unofficial Results Of Springs Election Are In"
  • by Opinion on Apr 7, 2011 at 02:36 PM
    My onion on this recurring matter are spaghettified into many different strings in many different dimensions. Mr. Greenwall has performed his acts of kind atrocity in the face of no danger. He realizes that without his buddy Pratharius, he is rendered utterly useless, but also more powerfull than he has ever been bedore. Jump into the car and go, and do not stop, even for stoppage. If you do this, you will obtain the answer to this eternal question; Are you ready for yesterday's tomorrow's today? When asked this question prior to inflamation answer probly, probly not.
  • by Lois on Apr 7, 2011 at 07:47 AM
    Why did you have to break into the NCIS Program to give news about your election, when there was really nothing to report. we missed the end of the show because of it!!!
  • by yawn on Apr 7, 2011 at 06:13 AM
    what is the population of Colorado Springs? And more than 90,000 voted? is it 90,001 or 95,000 or 100,000? the voting gap .... something to be said about it!!!
  • by The Voice Location: C-Town on Apr 6, 2011 at 08:51 PM
    Glenda, shutup....
  • by Glenda Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 6, 2011 at 08:08 PM
    I listened to a call that was supposed to be a survey and it was not a survey but an attack on Richard Skorman. The survey was more than likely approved by Steve Bach and I feel it is disgusting campaign ploy. I certainly would NOT trust anyone who has to stoop to that level to make decisions for the future of Colorado Springs!
      by Anonymous on Apr 6, 2011 at 09:13 PM in reply to Glenda
      If you do not specifically know who sponsored the survey you should just be quiet. Your speculation means absolutely nothing other than to attack Mr. Bach. You are simply as ignorant as the phone survey.
      by Jim on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM in reply to Glenda
      i got a call that maybe was like the one glenda got. it came from 940-295-1891 which is a texas number. anyone know what that is about. when i called it back it said no longer in service and that is the number on my caller id and it asked who i was going to vote for but i hung up because thats nobodys business
      by two time voter on Apr 7, 2011 at 04:28 PM in reply to Glenda
      Glenda shut up, take your left wing everybody needs a hug ideas and move to Boulder. If you felt that was an attack you really dont want to sit down with me and debut this issue. I will light you up like the 4th of July. Oh did I hurt your feels? No one cares.
  • by joe Location: co on Apr 6, 2011 at 06:16 PM
    So I guess we are going to wait another day now to see the final results? 10,000/300 per minute = 33.3 minutes . . . they started @ 7am . . . hmmmmmmm! what gives???? Where are the official results?
  • by Jon on Apr 6, 2011 at 05:41 PM
    That new machine should have been able to count the 10,000 ballots in less than 35 minutes. So what's the real problem here?
  • by Trish Location: CS on Apr 6, 2011 at 04:44 PM
    K. Young and her counting staff are city gov. employees. Why would anyone expect them to do their jobs. Just saw them on the evening news with the reporter wanting to talk to her, but Young didn't appreciate getting caught with her pants down and rudely dismissed her. That excuse of being tired and not wanting to make mistakes, please, do you really expect us to believe that one. But wait, next time I don't feel like finishing my job, I'll just leave work saying "I'm tired and don't want to make any mistakes so I'm going home." Give me a break, Young.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119025939 - kktv.com/a?a=119025939