Dems, GOP Condemn Anti-Obama Billboard in Colorado

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

A billboard in western Colorado that uses caricatures to depict President Barack Obama as a terrorist, gangster, Mexican bandit and a gay man has drawn bipartisan scorn from political officials.

The billboard along an Interstate 70 business loop in Grand Junction shows the four figures around a table playing cards and rats below.

The sign reads "Vote DemocRAT. Join the game" at the top.

Mesa County Democratic Party Chairwoman Martelle Daniels calls the billboard racist and homophobic. Her GOP counterpart, Chuck Pabst, describes it as "juvenile" and "reprehensible."

The artist says that he's not allowed to say who paid for it. Paul Snover of nearby Loma says he would have included Republicans as part of the problem.

You can see a larger resolution image of the billboard by clicking on the photos link at the top of this story.

• by Tom Location: Brainerd on Oct 16, 2010 at 06:39 PM
    There are alot of mentally sick people with a warped sence of humer.
  • by Mayor Ryan on Oct 16, 2010 at 05:03 PM
    Obviously, whoever paid for it was on the far right wing. This means possible tea party affiliation. Typical ad hominem attack rather than substance.
  • by Proud Republican on Oct 16, 2010 at 03:50 PM
    How easy and convenient for the dumbacrats to "forget" the much more tasteless and foul pictures and statements made about Bush. Yeah, Bush messed up on some things, but he did give us tax breaks and he certainly didn't keep blaming past presidents for "inherited debts". It took Bush two terms to make light mistakes and Obama took less than a year in office to make huge ones! We work hard for what we earn and if you want to give all of your paychecks to win hearts and minds, be my guest. As for me and my family, no thank you. Work for it like the rest of us. I think I'll place my order for this billboard to keep in my yard.
  • by Travis on Oct 16, 2010 at 01:08 PM
    I want one in my front yard.
  • by Jenn Location: CO Springs on Oct 16, 2010 at 09:43 AM
    I get what Anon is saying...I think we all take our freedom of speech for granted and other countries don't have that. Kind of like Westboro Baptist Church, they spew their hate at dead soldier's funerals and then they say they can b/c of freedom of speech, but it doesn't make it right. I agree, the board is in poor taste, and to be fair, I'd say the same if it were GW. As a service member, I feel I should respect those above me in my chain of command, but that doesn't mean that I can't disagree with them. If the world was perfect, we'd all agree with each other.
  • by M Location: CS on Oct 16, 2010 at 09:03 AM
    I just looked in the mirror.What have I done for my country? Well let me count the ways.I pay alot of taxes.I obey the laws.I work and take care of myself.I vote republician, and must say I dont always agree with all there opinions.But the other side( liberal) is no way making things acceptable.I keep a nice home and Im a good neighbor.Did I mention I work and take care of myself?And most of all, I have a tremendous sence of humor and see it in that billboard.Dont let it ruin your day.
  • by JR on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:32 PM
    No matter what party affiliation this billboard is a disgrace and I am very ashamed that it happened here in America. Those who love the billboard need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask what have they done to help their country other than the continous whinning and senseless hatred.
  • by M Location: CS on Oct 15, 2010 at 05:53 PM
    I truley love the billboard..I see there is enough room to set Woopie and Joy at that table..
  • by Duh Location: C/S on Oct 15, 2010 at 03:06 PM
    Where is the I-25 offramp to Cimmeron?
  • by Hey Anonymous on Oct 15, 2010 at 02:46 PM
    Anonymous, did you talk to this guy at the northbound I-25 offramp to Cimmeron? I talked to that guy too. He had a cardboard sign that said "Nobama! Vietnam Vet out of work, please help". I gave him a quarter which gave him enough for a pint of whiskey. You must have talked to him after that. I'm just sayin. What's the relevance to your post Anonymous? The Vietnam war ended in the 1970's, its a new world and we have a new socialist dictator.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104985134 - kktv.com/a?a=104985134