Bennet And Buck Finish Within One Percentage Point

All night long as the results have continued to come in, the vote count for the Colorado Senate race has been see-sawing. As of 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Bennet has beaten out Buck 48 percent to 47 percent, with 98 percent of the ballots in.

The mood at the GOP headquarters was positive Tuesday night, as cheers erupted every time the polls showed the neck-and-neck numbers.

“We’re confident, as confident as you can be with the numbers we’ve seen tonight,” Walt Klein, Buck’s campaign consultant, said. “We think when all the ballots are counted, we’re going to have a new U.S. senator.

Buck has not officially conceded yet, saying they won’t make an announcement until they’re sure that every ballot that should be counted has been counted.

Colorado Democrats ended Election Night with the same determination. The Democratic chairwoman spoke with 11 News about the fallout of a race this close.

“Every single vote is going to count, and now it just comes down to turnout,” Bennet said.

Despite the roller coaster night, both candidates were upbeat.

"It's been a great journey and I'm just really excited about the results tonight,” Buck said. When asked what he believed the results would be, he added, “oh, we’re going to win, we’re going to win.”

The margin between the two must be more than half of one percentage point to avoid an automatic recount. Otherwise, a candidate has 24 days to request a recount.

• by Native Location: Springs on Nov 3, 2010 at 03:44 PM
    Holy Cow! WTF go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under. This is the 21st Century! Besides, you need to be tendin to yur squirrelhead gumbo, before maw gets home and sees that you aint tended to yur chores.
  • by Lynn Location: Maine on Nov 3, 2010 at 01:41 PM
    Craig: I agree with you. Anyone who is in favor of continuing the way this country is going should go live in Russia for awhile to see where we are headed. We will end up with two classes - the Elite and the Working Class. And the Working Class supports the Elite. When Michelle Obama spent $375,000 in tax payer dollars on a vacation in Spain, she thought nothing of it. She considers herself part of the Elite Class and that's what they do. They live high off the hog while the working class citizen struggle in poverty trying to survive. The Elite Class is made up of all those in power, that is BIG GOVERNMENT. And the Elite control everything and make all decisions for the country, usually to benefit themselves. And there is NO freedom of speech. You dare not protest against the government or organize against it or you will find yourself in Siberia. This was what Communism, Socialism, Marxism is all about. There are differences between them, but they all enslave the people.
  • by Katherine Location: Monument on Nov 3, 2010 at 01:36 PM
    Nath and Brenda, Heather, it is good to FIANALLY see someone bring up the point that the DEMS have had the control and the purse string since they have been in the majority.... hmmm....... blaming BUSH is sooooo wrong. At least he kept us SAFE for 8 years, how many failed terror attempts since Obama has been in???
  • by John on Nov 3, 2010 at 01:00 PM
    Hey Renee, Tax relief? Funny lady ... For my family of (4) I paid $189,000 in federal income tax, $28,000 in CO state tax, $8300 in El Paso County property tax in 2009. I paid tax on license plates, sales tax on every purchase, I paid the max in social security tax, I paid $6200 in Medicare taxes in 2009. Please tell us how much you paid? Social Security is an entitlement. Folks typically get way more out than they ever put in. My father laughs every time he gets a check. Tell us how much you put in relative to your monthly check you now get out?
  • by Nath Location: Colo Spgs on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    One thing that chapped me was in a Bennet ad where a person said Buck wants to put Social Security into the stock market. As usual, you don't hear all there is to be heard in these propaganda spots. I too have not heard what Ken Buck has in mind, but I do know of the "retirement program" Argentina had that was self sustaining and growing... until the Socialist Cristina Kirchner became President of Argentina and nationalized it. It is now as insolvent as our own Social Security program. Did you know the U.S. Dept. of Labor held hearings in September on forcing 401K and IRA account holders to buy T Bonds in mandated government-structured annuities in their retirement accounts? I haven't heard of the outcome of those hearings yet. The U.S. has never defaulted on paying it's bond holders - yet but with the bonds not selling on the open market and Mr.'s Geithner and Bernanke conspiring to buy our own debt with more printed money, it doesn't speak well of the bonds.
  • by Heather Location: Briargate on Nov 3, 2010 at 09:38 AM
    Nath and Brenda-I agree. I especially liked 'The Congress was DEMOCRATICALLY controlled in 2006 till today and they are the ones that are responsible for the MESS we are in, not Bush, not the Republicans."
  • by CoNative on Nov 3, 2010 at 09:37 AM
    @WTF- Move, preferably out of the country. We don't need people like you living here.
  • by Renee Location: Westcliffe on Nov 3, 2010 at 09:37 AM
    Lets be clear about social security. This is not an entitlement. I have paid into the social security trust fund every working day of my life since 1971. I have earned my social security benefits. I refuse to let anyone take them away from me to give even more tax relief to the wealthy who already pay less in taxes than I do!
  • by Brenda J Miller Location: Colorado Springs on Nov 3, 2010 at 09:28 AM
    KLM, Glad to see that you discussed points that I mentioned, such as the $200million a day, the fact that Congress was under democratic rule in 2006..You brought up valid points as to why I was wrong and sited reasons for that. Everything I said can be backed up by facts. What do you have going for you other than name calling. That seems to be a democratic thing going on now....when you can discuss or explain, call names. Good luck with that.
  • by Mike C. Location: Colorado Springs on Nov 3, 2010 at 09:20 AM
    Democrats are getting stronger in Colorado,we shall overcome Colorado Springs, it's coming.You are so far to the religious right, there is no separation of church and state. The Republican motto,One for me and all for me.You voted Lamborn in again, He has done absolutely nothing for Colorado Springs, but be a Republican.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106603603 - kktv.com/a?a=106603603