Woman Arrested for Crime Spree

A woman facing charges for nearly 30 crimes in southern Colorado is back behind bars, arrested this week on suspicion of being behind yet another crime-spree.

According to police, Regina Colangelo, 32, was arrested October 11.

Court papers obtained by 11 News show she was also arrested at the end of July. At that time she was caught the same day after she allegedly broke into a house, and lied to an officer about her identity.

Crimes linked to Colangelo range from burglary to identity theft.

"My cell phone, my iPhone touch, everything was taken," said Ashley Cook Wednesday.

In April, Ashley was taking pictures in Red Rock Canyon. When she got back to her car, her purse was gone, along with valuable personal information.

"My bank account, my password to my bank account. It was absolutely terrible thinking someone could rip my life apart,” she said. “And I had just turned 18."

Between the months of April and July, court papers indicate homes in east-side neighborhoods were broken into, as well as a number of cars. Some of the property taken was reportedly sold, and police say some was found in Colangelo's possession.

Similar discoveries were recently made, and again linked to Colangelo, who was out on bond less than a week ago.

"Utter shock," Ashley said about discovering her purse had been stolen. She now triple checks that her doors are locked after learning a tough life lesson.

“I don't trust anything,” she said. “I don’t trust anyone."

Police have not provided a photograph of Colangelo, telling 11 News they believe they'll find more victims, and want to hear from anyone who may have more information about their investigation.

Records at the El Paso Criminal Justice Center indicate Regina Colangelo is next due in court on October 21.

Anyone with further information can reach police at 444-7000.

• by elizabeth Location: csc on Mar 16, 2012 at 03:55 PM
    i love u regina and im glad to c hw much u have changed we all love u and r glad ur happy n doin better ur 3 sons me ur daughter in law n granddaughter love u as well love u regina keep ur up n let the haterz hate
  • by Blexacano on Oct 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    Only God can judge me...Tupac. It sure is easy to kick someone when they're down. Drugs make people do crazy things.I know Ms. Colangelo will get the help she needs...but I hope that some of the people on tbis board who have never done anything negative in thier lives get some type of help as well. Hate does more damage to the hater than the hated.The Colangeo family is a strong, caring, and resilient clan. Gina will have all the support she needs! Thank you and goodnight.
  • by family of regina Location: 719 on Oct 20, 2010 at 06:39 PM
    for everybody thaken junk about my cousin ur just mad cuz ur free ride is over you dont have the right 2 say anything about her kids they are happy there mom is geting help so watever you people say about our family thank you so much cuz you are making our family stronger we have a big family and we never give up on eachother love u gina
  • by love u gina on Oct 19, 2010 at 03:28 PM
    regina was a nice kind heart it person but the drugs took over her life and i dont think any one should judge her god didnt put us hear to judge people and the people out there that judge her are no better then her so please stop judgen her and others god dont like ugly so let him judge her not you
  • by TO CITIZEN K Location: 719 on Oct 19, 2010 at 01:36 PM
    dat girl is use to be on her back on anything
  • by FOR REALZ Location: colorado springs on Oct 19, 2010 at 06:57 AM
    PLEASE SHE IS NOT A WHAT ALL YOU THINK SHE IS. ANY MOTHER WHO CHOOSE DRUGS OVER HER KIDS IS @^#* *& SRY BUT WHEN DHS SHOWED UP AT HER PLACE THEY SAID PEE SHE SAID TAKE THEM I DON'T WANT THEM SO WTFE Y ARE ALL YOU TRYING TO PROTECT HER EVERYNIGHT YOU FIND HER AT A BAR DRUNK AS 4311.ALL SHE LIKES TO CAUSE IS DRAMA IN PPLS LIFE SHE IS NOT HAPPY WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS SHE CAN'T FIND A MAN BECAUSE SHE TOOOOO USED UP SHE THINKS THAT EVERY MAN SHE IS WITH IS HERS NO MAN WANTS A 4023 THEY WANT A WOMEN NOT SOMEONE WHO IS LOOOSE AND WILL FALL OUT. hOPEFULLY SHE WILL GET THE HELP SHE NEEDS AND KICK THAT HABIT BUT SHE HAS TO WANT TO CHANGE. HOPEFULLY SHE WILL FOR THE SACK OF HER KIDS AND GRANDCHILD BUT SHE HAS TO WANT TO CHANGE
  • by The Family Of Regina Colangelo on Oct 17, 2010 at 03:30 PM
    I dont think anyone has a right to jugde my cousin because no one knows the reason behind it hell who knows you were probably right beside her just didnt get caught so who are you to say anything!And your right her son is a man because thats what he choose which is none of your dang business so quit worrying about it.
  • by ANNONOMUS Location: 719 on Oct 17, 2010 at 01:43 AM
    "REGINA" IS NOT THE LOVING CARING CHUBBY GOOD HEARTED PERSON WE ALL LIKE TO THINK SHE IS... NOW SHE IS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT PERSON THAN WHEN I MET HER 6 YRS AGO. DRUGS...'CRYSTAL METH' HAS DESTROYED HER LIFE! SHE SERIOUSLY NEEDS HELP.LOOK @ THE EXAMPLE SHE IS SETTING FOR HER KIDS. 3 OF THEM, PRECIOUS BOYS 1 ALREADY HAVING TO BE A MAN YET STILL A LIL BOY. MAYBE THIS WILL TEACH HER A LESSON BUT PROBABLY NOT. A THE END OF THE DAY I GOT 1 THING TO SAY... U R3@P WH@T U S0W P3RRA!!!
  • by p.s.v loca on Oct 16, 2010 at 05:38 PM
    ragina has effected my life ina very positive way and i pray thatshe gets out of jail safe and soundandrealizes her 3 sons and family mis and love and need her very much!good things sometimes come out of bad situations!we r all praying 4 ugood luck hita!
  • by Nancy on Oct 16, 2010 at 02:03 PM
    EVERYONE!!!makes mistakes,so u people in your glass houses shouldn't throw stones...hope things work out 4 u regina
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104914944 - kktv.com/a?a=104914944