Trinidad Walmart Robbery Suspects Captured

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

A man and a woman wanted in a Walmart robbery at knifepoint, have been caught by police in New Mexico. Carla Moore, 36, and Edward Samora, 39, now face charges in the crime.

Investigators say the robbery happened around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Detectives say Carla Moore had been looking at knives in the sporting goods department when she picked one up and held one worker at knifepoint. She took money from that cash register, and then allegedly demanded that a store manager escort her to the Pharmacy. One worker was injured.

At the pharmacy, police say Moore again demanded money and narcotics. Police say she then left the store, got into a red Chevy Cavalier with Edward Samora already inside, and drove toward I-25.

The car apparently went through a fence to get onto I-25, and continued south for about twenty minutes, before the New Mexico State Police pulled the car over.

Samora was immediately detained, while officers say Moore tried to get away again, but was unsuccessful.

Both were brought back to the Las Animas County Jail. Moore now faces charges of aggravated robbery of controlled substances, a class 2 felony; and aggravated robbery, a class 3 felony.

Samora faces charges of accessory to the crime after the fact, a class 5 felony.

• by John Location: C.S. on Apr 21, 2011 at 06:41 PM
    Wake up all you bible thumpers! Drugs this trash = crime. Simple math. Don't bring your deity into this please.
  • by Marie Location: Denver on Apr 21, 2011 at 08:00 AM
    Instead of judging, we need to pray for them. I pray Rich turns back to the Lord and God will help him with the hold drugs have on him. It could be any one of us if not for the Grace of God.
  • by Rhonda Location: Denver on Apr 21, 2011 at 07:20 AM
    My daughter was actually working in the pharmacy when Carla held them up, I just want to say that if she had a gun, who's to say what might have happened. I just thank God, everyone is ok.
  • by Douglas on Apr 21, 2011 at 05:12 AM
    Could be that Ed had no idea what kind of business Carla was conducting in Wal-mart. Could also be that he was the get away car whether he realized it or not. Carla has already been documented committing these things while Ed just waited in the Chevy Cavalier. My intuition says that poor Ed was being used! Only the police know the true facts and they will have to be sorted out. Sorry Ed.Take my advice; Not every thing that glitters is gold! What a chump!
      by FarginBastige on Apr 21, 2011 at 02:21 PM in reply to Douglas
      Could be... Look, he crashed through a fence to get onto the highway. Doesn't sound like the actions of an innocent, ignorant bystander. Not buying it.
        by FarginBastige on Apr 21, 2011 at 02:54 PM in reply to FarginBastige
        I retract my last statement. It assumes he was the driver, and the story doesn't specify. My apologies.
  • by Anonymous Location: CoSprings on Apr 20, 2011 at 09:18 PM
    By your logic then, church is the gateway to drugs ?
  • by jb on Apr 20, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    Rich is a very good guy the drugs can get ahold of a person and turn your world upside down. I pray to god that this will help him get the help he needs. He has never done anything like this before. It is true he has went to church for years and is an awesome guitar player and plays for funeral, weddings and other occasions. He is honestly a good guy I will pray for him to get the help he truely needs. May god work in his favor to turn him back to the wonderful person he once was. I know that people are quick to judge and it is sad that we do without knowing the whole story. May we all stay free and clear of the most horrible way of life. May god bless you all and please keep an open mind as we would all like for the same to be done if we were in such an ugly situation.
  • by Jeremy Location: Trinidad Colorado on Apr 20, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    I am really surprised by this. the reason one, I know that Ed Zamora and he use to go to church all the time. It's amazing what drugs can do to a person. How sad!!!!
  • by Steve Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 20, 2011 at 05:22 PM
    If you're thinking of robbing a store - I want to share a secret with you: The police have radios and air support; spike strips and big motors (that can outrun a Chevy Cavalier). Don't be an idiot, or idiots, like these two.
  • by jim Location: colorado spring on Apr 20, 2011 at 04:37 PM
    unfortunately these 2 will be out of jail soon either do to overcrowding, insufficient or lost evidence.
      by Augustine on Apr 20, 2011 at 08:53 PM in reply to jim
      You are so right, it's not safe anymore with people doing actions like this. They do something wrong, and boom they're out in a few minutes. Where's the justice...
  • by Missy Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 20, 2011 at 04:18 PM
    Once again two idiots seeking drugs and money. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
      by Josh . C on Apr 21, 2011 at 09:12 AM in reply to Missy
      I know Ed really well , but his friends know him as Rich ! I am a friend and will always be his friend . Rich is a great person , sure he may have his battles like everyone else does and forgets about . But Rich couldnt hurt anyone and is always there to help anyone out , no matter what it my be ! The Trinidad community knows who Rich is and knows that he is a good man ,and in this time we should be praying for him not trying to curse him ! God bless you brother and I hope to see you soon .
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120314209 - kktv.com/a?a=120314209