Reported Shooting At Citadel Mall

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Colorado Springs police say they're investigating a reported shooting at the Citadel Mall.

Witnesses told police that a car pulled up alongside two people leaving the mall, and a verbal confrontation flared up. That was when they heard the "pop" of a gunshot, and everyone involved ran away.

A shell casing was later located in the area.

No shooting victims ever checked in to any area hospitals, according to police.

The investigation is still ongoing.

• by Realist on Jan 5, 2012 at 06:51 AM
    Black, white, brown, blue, purple...it doesn't matter what color the skin is for the actions they do. I have lived places other than Colorado Springs and the crime is all the same so don't think "this place is going under". And to stop going to the citadel because of a rude service member is pathetic. Yes. Some are rude and egotistical but don't assume they're all the same. I don't like the citadel because I think it needs to be updated and the layout drives me crazy. Yes, there are a lot of black people there but white people cause problems too.
  • by Close Citadel??? on Jan 5, 2012 at 04:57 AM
    LOL! How is closing the Citadel Mall going to prevent further crime?? All that means is this "scum" you speak will simply travel to your precious Chapel Hills Mall......And then what?? Are law abiding (Lol), pure, meth smoking, little boy loving, drunk driving, home invading WHITES going to fund the building of another mall??? This "scum" that you speak of will visit that one as well. Heck, why not go back to "whites only"......that'll keep you safe from "scum". All of you are a pack of idiots!! Get a life!! #StopBeingSoHateful
      by Anonymous on Jan 5, 2012 at 06:19 AM in reply to Close Citadel???
      Who says I even shop at the Chapel Hills?
      by Anonymous on Jan 5, 2012 at 06:20 AM in reply to Close Citadel???
      And who says I'm white? You get offended and start assuming a lot.
  • by Hello KKTV???? on Jan 5, 2012 at 04:47 AM
    When will you stop the mindless, CLEARLY RACIST, trailer park trash, rifle-totin', FORD driving, tobacco chewing, undercover Clansman, wife beating hicks from posting??? THESE CLEARLY RACIST COMMENTS ARE NOT NICE....ARE THEY??? It's totally disrespectful!! Every article posted, some clown has to bring "race" into the matter.
      by cos on Jan 5, 2012 at 09:59 AM in reply to Hello KKTV????
      I drive a Ford Fusion and do not fall into any of the categories you mentioned. I also commented on how some people here are being racist and judgmental. If you are judging people solely on the car they drive you are no better then the rest of them.
  • by Young Gunz on Jan 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    I love this town!!! It's almost better than South Central LA. It just need a little more work. There's no place like home, There's no place like home, There's no place like home!!!!
      by Anti-Obama Voter on Jan 5, 2012 at 04:59 PM in reply to Young Gunz
      South Central LA is a dump! It was a dump when I lived there, and it's gotten steadily worse. If you miss it, I recommend you head back there, because we don't need trash like you here. I left LA to have a better life! Trash like you expect to change a good place like the Springs into the dump you left behind. You are disgusting! Colorado Springs is a wonderful place, and it will stay that way if trash like you would just keep out! When you move from a dump to a better place, and just keep doing the things that made that place bad, then you just end up ruining the nice place you came to. What a waste.
  • by common racist Location: colo spgs on Jan 4, 2012 at 09:37 PM
    The Mexicans aren't any better than the Africans. Both have bad hygiene, dirty living conditions, and most prefer a "life of crime" over a normal job. If we would have shot Lincoln before he freed the "slaves", America would be a better place. The Mexicans would be scared to illegally immigrate.
      by Anti-Obama Voter on Jan 5, 2012 at 04:48 PM in reply to common racist
      Spoken just like a true racist Democrat! You know, just like the racist Democrat who shot Lincoln! You're an idiot! Race does not determine the quality of people. White, black, poor, or rich does not matter. The individual is either a good person, or a living trash bag, and they are responsible for who they become in life. There are good and bad in all people, from all walks of life.
  • by Tired Location: COS on Jan 4, 2012 at 09:12 PM
    "White people didn't invent racism but some of them surely perfected it". Just a thought from reading comments.
  • by amazedatstupidity on Jan 4, 2012 at 06:34 PM
    They should just shut that mall down. It is bad news. You can't feel safe there. We had a run in with an "Army" jerk well over a year ago and we have not be back since. Won't go back. Chapel Hills is worth the drive.
      by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 09:05 PM in reply to amazedatstupidity
      It's going to happen soon enough, I'm sure most of the stores in there have shut down. People don't want to shop where they'll get robbed on the way out.
        by cos on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM in reply to
        Most of the stores there have not shut down. The only store that has is Macy's. They were actually doing better then the Chapel Hills location but closed randomly. The other stores that closed had nothing to do with the mall. Steve and Barry's for example the entire chain went bankrupt. Discovery Channel closed most of their stores throughout the country Old Navy has left both malls in the Springs. There are 2 Large national brands moving into The Citadel in the next few months they chose The Citadel over Chapel by the way. Most of the customers here(Citadel) shop at both malls not just The Citadel so you will see the same types of people at both malls. To the person that commented about the "ARMY guy" they are also at the Chapel Hills and Briargate shops this is a military town. There are security guards that work at The Citadel that previously worked at The Chapel Hills mall and say that there is much more going on at The Chapel Hills mall you just do not here about it as much.
          by Anonymous on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM in reply to cos
          I wouldn't know, I don't step foot in the place.
      by Common Sense on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM in reply to amazedatstupidity
      No need to shut it down. It is dying a slow death on it's own.
        by Anonymous on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM in reply to Common Sense
        It sure is.
  • by me on Jan 4, 2012 at 06:29 PM
    To "I never,ever,ever shop at that place. Ever. Nothing but scum." How shallow minded of you. Who are you to determine who is and isn't scum by the place they shop. There is bad EVERYWHERE. You cannot judge a book by it's cover. Look at all the perverts out there who are successful and well educated, grooving on innocent little boys. Gag. Worst kind of scum there is. And because they don't shop at the Citadel that makes them (or anyone else for that matter) a pillar of the community. Give me a break. I have lived here my whole life and PREFER to shop at The Citadel. No one has EVER scared me, or treated me poorly, or tried to rob me at Christmas time. And all of those things happen at any mall. Yes it's a little dingy, but believe you me, Chapel Hills was just as bad in the eighties. Had a K-Mart and a Furr's. My first job was at Chapel Hills 9. Let me tell you, THAT theater hasn't gotten any better with age. Regardless, I'm sure that not a word of my rant will get inside your thick skull. Cheers.
      by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 06:41 PM in reply to me
      I can't help that the word scum offends you... It doesn't offend me.
        by me on Jan 4, 2012 at 06:42 PM in reply to
        Huh? I'm not offended by the word. At all. Nice try though. Have a nice evening.
          by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2012 at 07:05 PM in reply to me
          Sure, just keep believing that.
        by Me on Jan 4, 2012 at 07:55 PM in reply to
        Wow. Just keep believing that. Poor grammar . You should never use an adverb at the end of a sentence. Other than that, you confirmed my prediction. My rant wasn't about scum. But people like you won't get it, I'm wasting my breath. I imagine you will also reply to this post. To get the last word. Don't bother.
  • by Aracist on Jan 4, 2012 at 06:03 PM
    I wonder when people will realize that only %16 of the USA population is black...therefore all your remarks should be percentage based. blacks commit half the crime in this town while only account for %11 of the popluation (in COS). This means blacks commit more crime. Its that simple
  • by Anonymous Location: COLORADO SPRINGS on Jan 4, 2012 at 05:38 PM
    AGREED!!!!!! No regard for innocent people or kids. Families go here to shop and hang out. These are criminals acting stupid. I exercise my 2nd Amendment Right and it's people like this that makes politicians want to disarm law abiding citizens like myself and leave us vulnerable to acts from people like this that will just shoot at someone anywhere.
      by Brian on Jan 5, 2012 at 08:35 PM in reply to
      The sad thing is that those of us who have permits aren't supposed to even carry concealed in the mall, even though it isn't posted on all doors. The owners mistakenly think that makes the mall safer. Just the contrary:(
        by Anonymous on Jan 6, 2012 at 07:50 AM in reply to Brian
        They stupidly believe the bad guys will say "Ooops, can't go in there with my gun.... hold on let me go put it in my car you guys go on ahead and rob I'll catch up!"
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136698033 - kktv.com/a?a=136698033