Police: Trio Posing As Carpet Cleaners Could Be Casing Homes

Springs police have issued a warning to the public about suspicious activity occurring on the east side of the city, which may be connected to home and vehicle burglaries.

Two men--one white, one Hispanic--and a Hispanic woman have been reportedly going house-to-house on the northeast and southeast side of Colorado Springs, portraying themselves as carpet cleaners. When homeowners answer, the suspects ask questions about what vehicles they own, and inquire about the vehicle descriptions. The trio has not been seen carrying equipment, and no vehicle has been noticed. The suspects have generally been seen during daytime hours.

Police say that this activity, which has been reported over the last couple of weeks, is not criminal, but there is a concern that the group could be casing the homes. Anyone who believes that they have been contacted by this group, or know of anyone who has, is asked to call police. To remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP, or text CSPD at 847411.

• by Madelyn Location: 5569 Altitude Dr. on Jun 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    As we were having a garage sale, two men in a tan van. They gave us a flyer for cleaning carpets and cars.They came with no equiptment but wanting to clean carpets. There was one man about 5'10 with a Brown beard. Another with a blonde beard and somewhat of a bald head and a plaid shirt.We refused to let them into our house and they walked away.
  • by Anonymous on May 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    And this is why I refuse to answer my door unless I'm expecting someone.
  • by Anonymous on May 27, 2011 at 09:46 PM
    Well, we have MetroVNI driving Comcast vehicles posing as cable installers so nothing really surprises me anymore.
  • by Anonymous on May 27, 2011 at 09:23 PM
    This is why I have a "No Solicitation" sign by my door...not that it stops them from knocking. But I don't want to buy anything...can't afford it! Plus, theives will pose as salesmen to scope out your home. Just remain vigilant...
  • by nic on May 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    I'm a canvasser and for a carpet cleaning comp at that, sux these dirt bags will give us hard working people a bad rap, I work my tail off promoting my boss,s comp its def not easy. For the scum bags that are doing this get a job. And for general public awareness, we never knock on doors we only put coupons on doors I know some do, but we don't.
  • by Lance Location: Sherman on May 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    There they go again....guilty until proven innocent.
  • by S Location: COS on May 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    Why don't they go do something constructive and say, oh...I don't know...TRY AND GET A REAL JOB? It's easier to terrorize and steal something that belongs to someone else than it is to work for it yourself, PUNKS!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122735839 - kktv.com/a?a=122735839