Police Searching For Hit-And-Run Driver in Accident That Killed Soldier

Police want to know who's responsible for a hit-and-run accident that killed a Fort Carson soldier, and they need your help.

Christopher Wheeler, 19, and a friend were riding their motorcycles south on Rangewood Drive when police say the soldiers collided with a car making a left turn. The car didn't stop, so police want to find the driver.

Police have released a photo of a similar car to the one they're looking for (shown above).- it's described as a metallic green Dodge Neon, and will have significant damage to the back passenger side near the fuel tank. It may also have damage near the front of the passenger side and a broken window and side light. Police say the car also has a large decal on the passenger side.

Anyone who has information, or has seen this car is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP.

• by Jennifer Location: Gloucester on Jun 2, 2011 at 01:51 PM
    I am sure the reason why they ran is because the driver was drinking or high or something illegal or had a record or someting. How can someone just hit someone and run, not see if the person is ok. I hope they find this person and prosecute him/her to the fullest!!!!
  • by jordan Location: lynn ma on Jun 1, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    they should do that what they did to people back in the day for this. life for a life!! miss you chris
  • by Marilyn Location: Rockport on Jun 1, 2011 at 07:01 AM
    This is so horrible, my heart breaks for his entire family. My God what is wrong with people.
  • by Andrew Location: Gloucester MA on Jun 1, 2011 at 05:40 AM
    Chris was my little cousin. I watched him grow up and eventually step up to serve his country. He spent a tour in Afghanistan and had returned safely home to us. Only to have his life taken by someone who cant even stand up and take the consequences of their actions. Please find it in your heart to make to help find the person responsible. Do it for my cousin Chris and his family and friends. God bless
  • by Peter Location: Maine on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    Christopher is my step brother, and I just hope whoever did this, decides to come forward. He was such a great kid, loving brother, son and husband. He will be greatly missed. We all love you Chris, and Miss you.
  • by Sandra Location: C/S on May 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    I am a resident in this area and am horrified that someone could just leave a scene like this. I have posted the picture and story on facebook to see if any of my friends may have an idea. Hope someone knows who this is or has a suspision of who it could be
  • by Steve Location: Beverly on May 31, 2011 at 07:13 PM
    Chris was the best friend i've ever had. He was loyal, caring, smart, funny, he loved his family more than anything. I did everything with this kid. The best times of my life were spent with Chris. He deserved alot better than this. He would have protected anyone. Please turn this loser in.
  • by Steve Location: Beverly on May 31, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    What is taking so long. Somebody step up. Turn this person in.
  • by Anonymous on May 31, 2011 at 06:29 PM
    this soldier,son,husband,brother had a family in Massachusetts who are going to miss him terribly. Man up whoever hit him.
  • by Dave Location: Beverly, MA on May 31, 2011 at 05:38 PM
    this kid was my best friend growing up back home in MA we are all suffering back home over 1500 miles away. someone find that car, justice must be served
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122862534 - kktv.com/a?a=122862534