Police Searching For Drive-By Shooter

Police are looking for a drive-by shooter who opened fire in Colorado Springs early Tuesday morning.

It started with a large fight in a parking lot off Vehr Drive near Airport and Academy just after midnight. Witnesses say that someone fired several shots from a passing car. The group scattered and there are conflicting reports on the vehicle description.

Officers recovered two different kinds of shell casings in the parking lot. No one was struck by the bullets. If you know anything about this crime, call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP.

• by La Princesa Location: Gahart on May 11, 2011 at 06:13 AM
    i heard the gun shots but never thought it was a drive-by. thats crazt.
  • by daf Location: cs on May 10, 2011 at 03:58 PM
    To C_Springs your english is terrible !!!
      by C- Cprings on May 11, 2011 at 03:27 PM in reply to daf
      With all that is going on the best you could do is say my English is terrible? If you are not going to be pert of the solution don't be a part of the problem.
  • by @ C-Springs on May 10, 2011 at 03:19 PM
    While I do agree that Springs doesn't have a "ghetto" persay, we do have a lot of ghetto trash. I feel the reason they are flocking here is two-fold. #1, the residents would rather complain about the crime than to fight back. #2, the cops don't respond in a timely manner, when there is a crime committed.
      by C - Springs on May 11, 2011 at 03:32 PM in reply to @ C-Springs
      I feel the police department spends more time on things that are not so important like sitting in a strip club trying to see if a person is drinking to much or touching the dancers and patroling areas with low crime rate instead of areas where the crime rate is high. True cutting the force didn't help much but there are no excuses. I see cops trying and I see cops collecting a check like in all profesions. What those who don't live up to their responsibility fail to realize is when they put on that badge it is a symbol stating, "I am here to serve and protect."
  • by C-Springs Location: Colorado Springs on May 10, 2011 at 02:36 PM
    Colorado Springs don't have any ghettos!!! For all of you who think is does I am sorry to inform you there are none. The size of this City and the amount of crime is well below national levels. All cities have crime as well as little towns so stop trying to put yourselves so high on the social ladder and post something useful.
  • by mikeincos on May 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    Just keep cruising around until your car gets hit by a bullet!
  • by To RatFinkDude on May 10, 2011 at 09:57 AM
    I see you think the southeast side of Springs in the "ghetto". What are you doing to try and change it? I think that if the Citizens of Springs would step up and CLEAN UP the southside, it may cause the "trash" to be taken out. And don't get it twisted when I say "Clean Up". I am meaning to fight back, protect each other, neighborhood watches, and COPS that CARE!
  • by RatFinkDude on May 10, 2011 at 09:31 AM
    Just love the ghetto side of the Springs.
  • by Frog Location: COS on May 10, 2011 at 06:10 AM
    How does one search for a "drive-by shooting" as the title of the article says?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121556549 - kktv.com/a?a=121556549